Tour Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this tour, then click done editing:

Done Editing

329 N Broad St

Add to plan Remove from plan

The Hayes House, a one-story brick Georgian home, was built in 1858 in the Second Empire style, unusual for the area. The brick was covered with stucco, which was scored to resemble stone, and a second story and Mansard roof were added to complete the look of a French villa. The original home was a wedding present
from Tom Jones (who built Greenwood Plantation) to his daughter, who married a doctor. The property consisted of the entire block, but the home was constructed on the corner so potential patients for the doctor could ride by in a buggy and tap on the window with a buggy whip to get the doctor’s attention. (This was prior to the picket fence being added.)

  • Tours
Processing