Tour Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this tour, then click done editing:

Done Editing

Charles Olson Architect

This location was built c.1925 as part of a strip of small retail stores to replace the large cotton warehouse that was previously on the corner of West Jackson and Madison Streets. The early years of the store were marked by a rapid transition of businesses. The location is best known for housing the Friendly Loan Company, which operated from 1948-1973. The location was home to several other businesses but mostly vacant until Charles Olson opened his architecture office.

  • Tours
  • Select All
  • Lodging
  • Attractions
  • Downtown
  • Events & Festivals
  • Event Venues
  • Food & Drink
  • Nightlife
  • Arts & Culture
  • History
  • Nature & Outdoors
  • Fitness & Rec
  • Spa & Wellness
  • Shopping
  • Music
  • Tours