Episcopalians began meeting and holding services in their homes in Thomasville in 1859. Within ten years, they had established St. Thomas Episcopal Church and built a small frame church building. The present building was erected on the same site in 1889 with strong support from Northern visitors. St. Thomas also founded a preschool in 1958 which continues to serve the community today. Known for its beautiful memorial windows, St. Thomas includes three stained-glass windows designed by Tiffany & Co.