This location was part of a strip of stores built in 1925 to replace a defunct livery stable, made obsolete by the quick adaption of automobiles. The location had several different owners during its early years. In the 1930s #225, 227 and 229 were combined into a single store. From 1966-1976, it became the Super Dollar Store. At some point during the 1980s, the location was again subdivided and 229 mostly remained vacant until it was purchased and the owner restored all three buildings. In 2018 the building became Hubs & Hops, a bike shop and pub.