The first train depot, built in 1861, was a simple wood structure designed to load bales of cotton onto trains. The second, built in 1885, was a more elegant structure designed for the comfort of passengers. Dilapidated by 1914, the current structure was built to increase capacity and passenger comfort. When passenger train service halted in the 1950s, the depot became dedicated to cargo service. After the Seaboard Coast Line Railroad Company sold the depot, a number of restaurants, offices, and retail stores have occupied the restored structure. A local favorite restaurant, Sweet and Savory Sisters (SASS), has made the depot home since 2015.