Tour Edit Mode: Add or remove places and events to this tour, then click done editing:

Done Editing

220 S Crawford St

Add to plan Remove from plan

Listed jointly with the Hebrew Cemetery on The National Register of Historic Places, the Synagogue was built in 1913 after the State of Georgia incorporated the B’nai Israel Association. It is the most intact example of the few surviving pre-World War II Orthodox synagogues in Georgia and is known for its balcony (or mechitzah), that was once used for the separation of the sexes during worship, keeping women in the balcony and men on the first floor.

  • Tours
Processing